You can return any time by using the sub-menu at the top of your screen.
Official rules and regulation landscape architecture
Unilock Paving the Future Scholarship
To enter and be eligible as a recipient of the Unilock Paving the Future Scholarship:
- Applicant must reside in the USA or Ontario.
- Student must be enrolled in their final year of a full-time, two- to four-year post-secondary undergraduate or graduate program in landscape architecture, landscape design or related field at a college or university. Students in an Apprenticeship program are also eligible.
- Student must demonstrate academic excellence maintaining a minimum cumulative average letter grade of B and show
a desire to pursue a career in their field of study.
- Student should demonstrate leadership and an ongoing commitment to their community.
2. HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary to be a recipient of the Unilock Paving the Future Scholarship. To enter, submit applications to scholarships_LA@unilock.com between 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time on March 1, 2023 and 11:59 pm on August 31, 2023, including a written response of no more than 500 words that describe why you are passionate about a career in landscape architecture and how you plan to be an active contributor to the overall industry. Written response must be 100% original and not contain third party materials subject to copyright including but not limited to artwork and photos. Written response cannot defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party ’s pre-existing work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation. Written response must not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by judges in their sole discretion. Unilock reserves the right to disqualify any entry it deems to be inappropriate, offensive or not in keeping with the image of Unilock or Unilock Paving the Future Scholarships, in its sole discretion. Online applications must be received by August 31, 2023. All applications become the property of Unilock and will not be returned. Limit one (1) submission per entrant. Application must be submitted in English, be entrant’s original creation, be true and verifiable, created solely by entrant, with no restrictions or limitations on applicant’s right to submit, or Unilock ’s right to use, the entry. Unilock and Unilock Paving the Future Scholarships could, among other uses, choose to post selected recipients to their social media channels, PR campaigns and websites, with applicant’s permission. Applicant must not have previously won a scholarship from Unilock.
3. EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
All eligible applications received will be evaluated by the Unilock Scholarship Committee based on weighted criteria: (1) Written response 70% providing a thoughtful and persuasive response to the questions, including detailed examples while staying within the word limit; (2) Letter of Recommendation 20% demonstrating that the applicant is a strong fit for the scholarship; and (3) Academics 10% assessing the applicant’s ability to meet or exceed a B average consistently. A personal interview with the Unilock Scholarship Committee may also be conducted with top candidates as needed as part of the evaluation process. Selection of the scholarship recipients will be based only on the information provided in the application as well as the personal interview if one is completed. No restrictions will be placed on scholarship recipients holding other grants or awards or receiving assistance or income from other sources. Potential recipients will be selected between September 1, 2023 and October 6, 2023 and will be notified by telephone and/or email on or after October 10, 2023. Unilock reserves the right not to award some or all allotted scholarships in the event it receives an insufficient number of entries, or a lack of entries that achieve a satisfactory minimum score based on the above evaluation criteria, as determined by the Unilock Scholarship Committee in their sole discretion.
Unilock Paving the Future Scholarships will be offered for the Fall 2023 term in the amount of $5,000. Scholarships will be awarded and paid directly to students on or after October 30, 2023. All taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with being awarded a scholarship are the recipient’s sole responsibility. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of scholarship. Scholarship recipients will be required to provide proof of enrolment prior to receiving scholarship funds.
5. SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT NOTIFICATION
The scholarship recipients will be notified on or after October 10, 2023. If, after making such efforts as Unilock in its sole discretion deems reasonable, a potential scholarship recipient cannot be notified by telephone or email using the contact information provided on the application, or a potential scholarship recipient does not respond to any message and contact number left on any answering service associated with a potential scholarship recipient’s telephone number, that potential scholarship recipient may be disqualified and a runnerup may be notified. Unilock shall not be responsible if, for any reason, the potential scholarship recipient does not receive notification. Potential scholarship recipients will be required to execute and return a Declaration and a Release within 15 days of notification. Noncompliance with the foregoing may result in disqualification and a runner-up may be notified.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Unilock, as the administrator of the scholarship, reserves the right to terminate or alter these rules at any time without prior notice.
- Declared scholarship recipients agree to sign Unilock ’s standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the rules and regulations and waiving any liability of Unilock, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, affiliates and advisors related to injury, accident, or loss or damage of any kind arising out of participation in this scholarship program. If a declared recipient is determined to be ineligible by Unilock or fails to return the completed declaration and release as required within 15 days of notification, Unilock may declare a scholarship to be forfeited and new potential scholarship recipients may be selected and contacted, in accordance with rule #5 above, until a new recipient is declared.
- Unilock assumes no responsibility for applications that are lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected either prior to or after delivery of the entry to Unilock. Applications are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are or become illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of Unilock, which are final. All scholarship submissions become the property of Unilock and will not be returned.
- By accepting the scholarship, the scholarship recipient consents to the use of their name, address and/or photographs, application, and the narrative described within the application, including the written response and recommendation, without further compensation, in any advertising or publicity as may be carried out by Unilock or Unilock Paving the Future Scholarships in their sole discretion.
- If Unilock determines that potential scholarship entrants are experiencing difficulty or are prevented from applying for the scholarship due to technical difficulties, Unilock may, without notice to any entrant or potential entrant, extend the application period for such period of time as Unilock deems appropriate in the circumstances.
7. PRIVACY STATEMENT
All information is confidential and will not be sold to third parties. The information submitted in connection with this scholarship, including while completing or submitting the application, may be stored outside of Canada